My name is Damian Coletta, and I am your local Liberal Democrat for Balcatta.
I studied Business at UWA, and am currently a self-employed landscaper. That means that, like so many of you, I have a day-to-day battle with red tape and government bureaucracy just to earn an honest wage.
As a life-long resident of Balcatta, I appreciate the unique blend of friendliness and inclusivity that we enjoy, combined with our ease of access to the wider, City community. There aren’t many places in Perth where you can honestly say that you’d be happy to bring up a young family, yet are in a great, central location, with transport links and facilities to spare. Balcatta has all of that and more.
Balcatta also has an abundance of self-reliant residents, keen to stand on their own two feet. That stands at odds with so much of the government’s need to control every aspect of our daily lives.
That’s why, if elected to represent Balcatta, I am committed to:
- Introduce a wider element of personal choice into our education system, allowing schools to specialise, and doing away with tired old catchment boundaries
- Tackle crime by putting more police officers back where they belong, on our suburban streets
- Encourage industry and small business by reducing the government red tape that they face
- Create jobs for our young people through a radical overhaul of the payroll tax system
- Bring local planning decisions back under local control, and ensure that Local Government is accountable and transparent
I have a passion and a vision for Balcatta. If you share it, sign up to my campaign by completing the form on this page.