My name is Eric Ondra, and I am your local Liberal Democrat for Cannington.
Having been residents in Parkwood for the last 18 years, my family and I know first-hand what a great community Cannington is in which to live, love, and raise a family. I have watched it develop and grow into the thriving community it is today, and I will not let encroaching government hinder that warmth and prosperity.
Western Australia has given our family an opportunity that wasn't available to us in the Communist state of Czechoslovakia. As a result, I understand the value and precious worth of the freedoms that governments without accountability will take from us.
My career as a multi-site retail manager has shown me the challenges that individuals and businesses face in the current economic climate. I have the passion to implement the solutions we need to grow the people and community as a whole.
That’s why, if elected to represent you, I am committed to:
- Overhauling payroll tax to create more jobs, and tackle our above-state-average unemployment rate
- Slashing the red tape that currently cripples so many small businesses
- Reviewing local planning laws, particularly around density and subdivision
- Repealing the nanny state laws that reduce our quality of life
- Advocating and creating volunteer solutions to develop and enhance our community
I am committed to providing local solutions to local problems, and realising the potential within out great community.
If you’d like to be part of the solution, and help Cannington to thrive, you can sign up to my campaign by completing the form on this page.