My name is Chris Vellnagel, and I am your local Liberal Democrat for South Perth.
I am a mining engineer, and an ex-RAN sailor whose career has taken him around Australia from tip to toe, but more recently led to me settling here in the southern suburbs, and a posting on Garden Island. As a result, my first-hand experience has taught me that Kwinana is not only at the heart of metropolitan manufacturing in the Perth region, but is also an inherently coastal community, from our ship yards in Henderson, through our recreational fisheries, and our weekend sailors, be they in yachts or tinnies.
I also know first hand that voting for the big two parties has done Kwinana absolutely no good. The evidence is there for all to see. While marginal seats are pork-barreled on a four-yearly basis by Labor and Liberal politicians alike, we in the southern suburbs are largely forgotten and ignored.
That’s why, if elected to Parliament, I am committed to fighting for issues that will materially improve the lives of average, working men and women here in Kwinana. Those include:
- The prioritisation of job creation for our young people through a radical overhaul of payroll tax
- Advocating for the creation of a Special Economic Zone encompassing Henderson and the Australian Marine Complex
- The protection of our environment through the establishment of a local, volunteer ‘green army’
- The repeal of nanny state laws that negatively affect our quality of life
- The easing of the regulatory burden on small business by slashing red tape
My commitment to you: I will always listen, and put the community of Kwinana first.
If you share my values, sign up to my campaign by completing the form on this page.