We have one simple message for the people of Western Australia: we are the team with big ideas for a strong WA. We can make important reforms to our society and our economy, while at the same time, protecting our way of life.
At the last state election, I, Aaron Stonehouse, was accidentally elected to parliament. On the ballot paper, my name appeared to the left of the Liberal Party, and a lot of people voted for me, thinking that I was the Liberal candidate. Notwithstanding my accidental election, I like to think that I have added something to Western Australian politics. You may not agree with everything that I say, but at least you know where I stand. The same cannot be said of some other politicians.
On this occasion, my name appears in a pretty bad position on the ballot paper, so I can’t rely on luck once again. But more to the point, I don’t wish to do so.
I think that people should be elected to parliament based on their ideas and that they should be open and upfront about them. That’s why I’ve put together a team of talented men and women. And that’s why we’ve developed our party’s first-ever plan for WA.
We have one simple message for the people of Western Australia: we are the team with big ideas for a strong WA.
We can make important reforms to our society and our economy, while at the same time, protecting our way of life.
If our MPs are elected to the Crossbench, we will fight to:
- Transform Perth’s south by building Roe 8 and 9, and by completing the Perth Freight Link;
- End the war on drugs, and legalise any substance that is found to be less harmful than alcohol and tobacco;
- Create Western Australia’s first ‘wellbeing budget’ with a 24/7 mental health emergency department, and a $300 ‘baby bundle’ for the parents of every child born after 1 July 2021;
- Hold Government to account by freezing the salaries of all public servants until the public debt is paid off; and
- Create jobs by scrapping the payroll tax for small businesses, and expand choice for consumers by deregulating trading hours.