My name is Dean Lofts, and I am your local Liberal Democrat for Rockingham.
With the Australian Maritime Complex to our north, and Garden Island to our east, Rockingham is one of the economic powerhouses of metropolitan WA. For a number of years now, we’ve had the jobs and we’ve had the skills to earn a decent wage, and we’re just far enough from the city to be able to enjoy that at our leisure.
I’ve seen worrying levels of government bureaucracy creeping into every aspect of that well-balanced mix in recent years, and I’m determined to end that, for the good of all local residents.
That’s why, if elected, I am committed to:
- Cutting the red and green tape that hamper so many of our local businesses
- Cutting payroll tax, to ensure that the business community has the resources it needs to create new jobs
- Continuing the push for a Grade A reserve across the whole of Cape Peron to encourage world class tourism opportunities along our coast
- Building Roe 8 and 9, to keep our economy on track, and get heavy vehicles off residential roads
- Investigating the potential for the establishment of a Special Economic Zone stretching from Henderson down to the site of the proposed new Outer Harbour
I know that if we think big in Rockingham, we can win big. For too long, the major parties have taken our area for granted, but a crossbencher like me will put an end to that once and for all.
If you want to help me deliver a better future, sign up to my campaign by completing the form on this page.
Liberal Democrat for Rockingham